The Business Data Science Research Master program is a selective program for students who have the ambition of pursuing a PhD in Business at one of the schools in business and economics of the Erasmus University Rotterdam, University of Amsterdam and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
How to apply
Before starting the application procedure, please check the admission requirements.
To apply, create an account in the online application system [link available in November 2020], fill out the application form, provide two names and email addresses of recommenders, upload your admission material and pay the application fee.
- Early deadline December 1 - for students who are interested in applying for University of Amsterdam, VU Amsterdam or, Erasmus university scholarships *
- Priority deadline February 1, 2021
- Rolling admissions until April 1, 2021
* Before you can apply for these scholarship programs you must be accepted by Business Data Science. Primary registration for the BDS joint degree research master program is at Erasmus University.
Important note: We fully understand that you may encounter difficulties to complete your application package due to obstacles in Corona times. Our urgent advice is to submit what you have before the deadline. Please enclose a statement listing what is missing for what reason.
The application fee is $ 50 (non-refundable). Payment is by credit card only. Applicants from countries on the OECD DAC list pay a reduced application fee ($ 10, non-refundable).
Applicants holding a Dutch degree are exempted from paying an application fee.
- Start your online application early to give your recommenders time to upload their letters before the admission deadline.
- All documents, including recommendation letters, must be received by midnight (Central European Time) on the day of the deadline.
- Incomplete files will not be considered.
All complete files will be reviewed after the deadline. You can expect to hear from BDS within six weeks of the respective application deadline.
Admission is always conditional upon the Admissions Office receiving original or certified versions of diplomas and test results.